TU Dortmund University is one of the leading locations in NRW for the topic of Materials Science. Here you will find the best conditions for your research – both for your scientific work and for your private environment.
TU Dortmund University offers you an extremely attractive environment for your research. The location in the Ruhr area scores with a very good urban infrastructure, good accessibility and all necessary technical and personnel support structures. These include:
- Excellent compatibility of research, work and family through campus-own childcare and equality- and diversity-conscious university policy (Families at the TU Dortmund University)
- The connection to the Dual Career network Ruhr (DCN Ruhr), which supports the partners of newly appointed people in their professional orientation in the Ruhr area, in order to increase the chances of a successful job search in the region,
- A close cooperation with the Ruhr-University Bochum and the University Duisburg-Essen within the University Alliance Ruhr (UA Ruhr).
- With the Research Academy Ruhr the UA Ruhr offers one of the most efficient and largest platforms for the promotion of young scientists in Germany
- A strong scientific environment with numerous non-university research institutions such as two Max Planck, two Fraunhofer and two Leibniz institutes, which enable research-related cooperation,
- Expertise in the area of business venture and realization of business ideas by the TechnologieZentrumDortmund in Germany's leading Technology Center and the Start-up and Advisory Services (CET) and
- The Welcome Agency (Expat Service Center) of the City of Dortmund with customized support services for newly arrived specialists and executives
For further information, please contact the Research Support Services of TU Dortmund University: